At Eight Virtues we strive to minimize the impact of technology and shipping logistics on the environment by adhering to the simple mantra, “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle“. It is becoming ever more critical that both individual consumers and businesses do their part to facilitate the transition to a sustainable and zero-impact economy, and we do everything in our power to work toward that lofty goal.
Some examples include:
- Reuse of component shipping and packing materials in customer shipments
You may notice when receiving your PC that a variety of materials are used to protect it during shipping, including bubble mailers, packing paper, folded cardboard boxes, shredded paper, packing peanuts, packing foam and air pillows. This helps eliminate waste and the overhead of the recycling process by reusing and allowing for the future reuse of shipping material.
- Recycling of materials which cannot be reused
All metal, rigid plastic, cardboard and plastic bags that cannot be reused is recycled using Gwinnett County’s Solid Waste Management or other local businesses which accept them.
- UPS Carbon Neutral shipments
Unless otherwise requested all PCs are shipped UPS Ground Service with UPS’s Carbon Neutral program, which helps offset the emissions of the shipment’s transport by supporting projects including reforestation, landfill gas destruction, wastewater treatment, and methane destruction.
How You Can Help
After receiving your PC, here are a few things you can do to help keep the Reduce, Reuse and Recycle process going:
- Reuse or recycle the outer and inner boxes, which should be in good condition.
- Reuse or recycle any folded boxes inside by placing them in your local recycler’s recycling bin.
- Reuse any useful packing materials such as air cushions, bubble mailers, and packing peanuts.
- Give any remaining useful packing materials to a local shipping facility such as The UPS Store or locate another local business which accepts them.